Gaming has always been a craze amongst the younger generation. With the advent of laptops, gamers are not restricted to desktops to play their favorite games. There is a huge market for gaming laptops and the laptop giants such as Dell, Toshiba Sony is cashing by providing options in various price ranges, varying capabilities.
When you buy a regular laptop, it is fitted with a basic graphics card that cannot handle the kind of graphics or the gaming experience you require. A dedicated gaming graphic card can only accomplish this.
Another important aspect is the video memory. A larger and better video memory will contribute to a better gaming experience and hence this is necessary if you are looking for a dedicated gaming laptop.
Finally, the processor strength is one thing that cannot be undermined especially if you are looking for an ultimate gaming experience. In this case, ideally, it should be a Dual, or Quad Core Fast processors. Additionally, the RAM in your laptop is going to be the deciding factor to get a higher grade of performance and so here the higher, the better.
If you ask any person if there is a difference between a gaming laptop and a regular laptop, then the answer would be a yes. The main difference that people know of is that of the speed. While that is true, there are a lot more features that are different. Some of the main features are as below:
- Design Look and Feel: In most gaming laptops, you will find that the design itself is much stronger. For instance, the keys are sturdier and the look itself is more stylish in gaming laptops. This is so it can withstand substantial force. In regular laptops, you will always notice an attempt to keep the laptops thinner and maybe less glossy.
- Cooling systems: Typically, gaming laptops are equipped with heavy-duty processors, which enable the games to function uninterruptedly. They also have graphics, which use up power and heat up the processor. On the other hand, regular laptops have low-speed processors consuming less power. The base of the laptops differs in size due to the cooling systems, making the gaming laptops bulkier in size.
- Handy: The above discussion leads us to this very point. The USP of most regular laptops is its portability. However, due to the bulky frame of gaming laptops, it is uncomfortable to carry around easily.
- Pricing: Differentiating the laptops only on price will not be justified. The reason is that you will find all ranges of prices in both categories of laptops. What is essential is to find a laptop with the right kind of processor for the purpose.
- Better Framerate: A screen refresh rate usually measured in Hz is the time that a laptop takes to display several frames. Obviously, a gaming laptop will require handling 60+ frames per seconds due to the very nature of modern games or graphics.
If you are in the market for a good gaming laptop, compare the various options available. For the best gaming experience for the best price, go for a gaming laptop under $1500 with graphics cards from the known players in the industry such as NVidia, and a CPU by Intel and you are good to go.